Mount Olympus Christian Child Development Center's Kindergarten has earned a reputation as an elite program.
- 5 hour/day program
- 12 students per class
- A solid literary foundation to help students become competent readers by using both phonics and whole language applications.
- The teaching of appropriate handwriting skills.
- A math program that uses concrete to abstract concepts.
- Science, Social Studies, and Geography exploration.
- Self-expression with creative art.
- Physical fitness.
- Christian values that build self-confidence and positive social skills.
- Opportunities for parents to participate in their child's education.
- Graduates of our Kindergarten have left reading on or above grade level, usually reading at a 1.5 to 3rd grade reading level.
- Recent studies show kindergareners who attend 3/4 day programs test higher in reading and math. These children enter first grade at an advantage.
- Low child/teacher ratio improves success.
- Implementation of Student Educations Plans (SEP). We use the child's individual strengths to plan their educational goals. Utah PTA has studies proving that SEP's are essential for academic success.