Dear Mount Olympus Families,
Thank you for your continued love and patience over these last few months. I pray you are all healthy and well. I am pleased to announce that we have come up with a plan to reopen the Child Development Center under a “soft reopen” on June 1st. This will be similar to the stages of reopening the state. Along with reopening, there are many new rules and regulations we must follow, in addition to the same strict rules we had to adhere to before COVID-19. In order to allow for proper cleaning procedures and to allow all of us time to settle in to these new routines, this is what the first stage of reopening looks like:
- New Temporary Operating Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:00 pm. Scheduled closures for holidays still in effect.
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Hours: 8:30-9:00 am and 3:30-4:00 pm. Any variance in these times must be arranged with the office.
- All enrolled children are met at the entrance and individuals dropping off or picking up the children may not enter the facility unless necessary.
- All families must sign a COVID-19 waiver form.
- All staff, children, and visitors will be screened for the following symptoms before they are allowed to enter the facility: Fever, cough, trouble breathing, sore throat, sudden change in taste or smell, and muscle aches and pains. Anyone with any of these symptoms will be sent home and recommended to be tested for COVID-19.
- No more than 20 people, including caregivers, will be allowed in any space at one time.
- Anyone coming into the facility must wash their hands with soap and running water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before touching any facility surface.
- All areas where groups of children may “share a space” will be cleaned and sanitized after each group.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the facility, the childcare must close the facility and consult with the local health department on next steps and when to reopen.
Because the center will be unable to open at full capacity or at full operating hours, we ask families who have the ability to stay home to do so with the option to pay a $50 holding fee for the month. If you are planning to return on June 1, please reply via email to confirm your spot. As we go through these first few stages, I ask for your patience and understanding. Although our new operating procedures may not be ideal for all families, please know these decisions have been made with much prayer and thought. While the procedures are temporary, we do not have a timeline or an estimated date of when things will return to normal. However, I am certain if we work together, we can overcome all obstacles. Thank you for making our Mount Olympus community so strong and such a great place to be a part of.