It is with a heavy heart that we inform you Mount Olympus must cancel Summer Camp 2020. Vacation Bible School and Service Camp have also been canceled. We will instead replace it with summer childcare at a very limited capacity. Summer childcare will include in-house activities and care, but will exclude any field trips previously planned. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer care to any children or families who were not enrolled in our center prior to the COVID-19 closure.
Due to Childcare Licensing implementing emergency care rules, we must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Group size must be limited to 20 total. This includes children and caregivers.
- Children and adults entering the facility must be screened for the following symptoms each day: Fever, cough, trouble breathing, sore throat, sudden change in taste or smell, and muscle aches and pains. Anyone with any of these symptoms will be sent home and recommended to be tested for COVID-19.
- All enrolled children are met at the entrance and individuals dropping off or picking up the children may not enter the facility unless necessary.
- Anyone coming into the facility must wash their hands with soap and running water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer before touching any facility surface.
- All areas where groups of children may “share a space” will be cleaned and sanitized after each group.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the facility, the childcare must close the facility and consult with the local health department on next steps and when to reopen.
Mount Olympus will also be implementing the following:
- New Temporary Operating Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:00 pm. Scheduled closures for holidays still in effect.
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Hours: 8:30-9:00 am and 3:30-4:00 pm. Any variance in these times must be arranged with the office.
- All families must sign a COVID-19 waiver form.
Because enrollment for summer childcare will be limited, priority will be given in the following order:
- Graduating Kindergarten class
- Children of MOCCDC staff who cannot make other arrangements for care
- Afterschool children enrolled prior to COVID-19 closure who cannot make other arrangements for care
- Siblings of children currently enrolled
- If there are still spots available and multiple families needing care, a lottery system will be implemented to fill those spots
We understand that this is difficult to hear. We have always looked forward to Summer Camp and have put so much effort into planning a fun summer for your children. Unfortunately, this is out of our control. We appreciate your understanding and support through this.